background

Friday, June 10, 2011

6 Months

    Six months ago Baby Violet was born.  Jeff and I were racing to Kansas to be with our new baby girl.  She immediately stole our hearts and became our whole world.  It is hard to believe that not long ago she was just eating one ounce at a time!  It was not long ago that we were giving her baths on the kitchen table with space heaters to keep her warm.  It was not long ago that we got the movie camera out to capture her huge milestones, like watching the fan and looking at toys!  We are so proud of our little girl and can't believe how fast she is growing up. 
     My new favorite thing about Violet is listening to her talk.  She can carry on a great conversation!  She can make all sorts of sounds now and even adds voice inflection.  She is especially funny if she is upset because she gets a very concerned look on her face and tries to tell you all about it.  She will follow her babbling with crying if you don't fix it!  She wakes us talking and goes to sleep talking. 
     Now that Violet is 6 months old she is ready for real baby food.  My mom got me the Baby Bullet for my birthday so I can make her food.  I am having so much fun!  We tried sweet potatoes yesterday and she gagged with every bite.  No crying though so I think the texture was too grainy for her.  I made a new batch today and tried to get it smoother.  I actually baked the sweet potato today and it made the whole house smell good!  Maybey I like sweet potatoes after all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment