background

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother's Day

I can't believe it!  I just had my first Mother's Day!  It was a dream of a day.  I actually had to tell myself many times that I was a mother and I was getting to celebrate Mother's Day!  Violet got to be dedicated at our church too which made the day extra special.  Jeff was so sweet.  He got me three different cards!  One from Violet with her footprint stamped on the inside.  I hung that one in the inside of my kitchen cabinet so I can see it everyday!  I still don't know when he found the time to paint her foot without me noticing!  He also got me a card from Peanut and from him.  So sweet.  We also planted a cherry tree in our backyard.  Jeff spent 5 hours planting that tree to make sure it was semetrical with the other one!  He has a mild case of OCD, but the tree looks awesome!  This house has so many special memories in it, I don't know how we are ever going to leave it! 

The baby dedication at church was really special and I was so proud standing in front of the congregation with my family!  I had tears streaming down my face from happiness.   The day ended with a BBQ at Tiff's house.  It was a glorious day. 

Violet is sitting up all by herself now for minutes on end!  We couldn't resist and took her picture sitting in the grass.  She was so fasinated with the grass that it was hard to get her to look at us!  I think she is going to be an outside girl!  WE are also loving the daily walks with Tiff, Tab, Ty, and Grace.  I love the adult converation and there is something magical about pushing a baby stroller.  I can't describe it, but it could be my favorite thing so far!  It is also amazing how good Ty and Grace are!  They ride there bikes all around the loop like it is no big deal!  They are amazing!  More fun to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment